Friday, October 4, 2013

...As happy as you choose to be...

Hello dear friends...
Today is the first Friday of my favorite month...  This is my birthday month... it's usually the month during I most probably can take some vacation time...it's also Halloween month... and I have decided to have a lot of fun this year for sure.  I will be as happy as I choose to be...  I actually plan to document every day of this month and make a mini album...  Let's see the result next month... :)...   Don't blame me if the project evolves and I end up doing something else... it's part of the process... and I need to enjoy it...LOL!

Anyway, I thought it would be nice I share here a tag I made for Unity Show & Tell facebook page last week so more people can see it and hopefully get inspired, as I definitely got inspired by others.  There were so many gorgeous tags made by all Unity Stamp Co. followers... It was awesome!

Mine was made by creating a background with Distress Stain and inks...



I then stamped this nice sentiment which I love...  but also stamped it in different patterned papers to cut the letters and create a collage of colors and textures by paper piecing it... Yep, it was fun doing it!


I added a letter "e" at the end... so instead of "YOU are as HAPPY as you choose TO BE", it reads "BEE".   That gave me permission to add this beautiful bee placed with 3D foam squares to make her pop out.  I stamped it separately, colored it, added some glossy accents, and... Of course, this fabulous bee has glitter... She shines!!!


A couple of more stamped images here and there... and washi tapes at the bottom, and some fiber to complete the happy tag.  I think it is very cheerful.  I plan to use it for a card, or maybe as journaling in one of my pages... who knows?

I hope you liked it, and don't forget to comment for the opportunity to win great stuff from Unity Friends with Flair...

Happy Friday...  Happy weekend... Happy Month!  Choose HAPPY today.

19 comments:

Meredith said...

How did I miss this fabulous tag on facebook???? Its so colorful and fun, and adorable! Great job.

michib said...

Great tag! Love the added 'e' and the cute little bee - what a cute idea.

Jennifer said...

GREAT tag!!! I love this saying! (=

Cynthia said...

Very sweet tag, Myra. Happy Birthday month... the mini album sounds like fun.

Ruby said...

Very cute tag.

Rachel said...

what a great tag! love how you made the stamp your own with the 'bee' :)
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

JAY ROSA said...

Cool tag, amguita!

Kris B said...

What a cute tag! Love background and the paper pieced sentiment! Love how you made the bee go with your bee!! TFS

JPScraps said...

The tag is so FUN!

Gwen said...

Super cute! Love the added bees!

LauraEva said...

Great tag!

Julie Odil said...

This is fabulous!

Gaylynn said...

Lovely artwork. This is true statement too. Makes a perfect tag. :)

Angeline Choo said...

oh this is so so cute!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This just makes me smile! Love everything about it!

Lindsey said...

I love this tag! So many awesome little details. :)

Confessions of a Paperholic said...

Lovely tag. I find tags to be difficult to create with. However, your tag is playful and whimsical. I love your inking and cute bee. Thank you for sharing.

Miwa said...

I love this! It's totally adorable and you are so clever to add the sweet little bee and the extra "e"! GENIUS! Love it!

Vivi said...

Beautiful!!!
Love the message