Monday, October 14, 2013

Live your life... and forget your (my) age!

Dear friends...

As you have read in my recent posts, I had a birthday recently!  I'm a very grateful for God's blessings and to celebrate life is a way of saying Thanks... and have some fun too!  I feel that even though there are things in my life I wish I had, the others I do have are the ones that really matter.  Besides, the things we don't have are the ones that make us stronger to keep fighting or persevering to accomplish them or other new things we don't even expect.  Do I make sense?  Well... the thing is that I've celebrated my birthday in different ways... and will keep on celebrating every day of October.

I've had small "get together" activities to celebrate.  With my friend (mother of my goddaughter) at her home, then with mom the day before my birthday, at work with a nice lunch with my coworkers and friends, and many more...  But then, I had an official "get together" last Saturday at the lobby of one of my favorites hotels in the island...

And because this blog is mainly about scrap booking I have to show what I made...

Very simple, but I had to put my personal touch to some of the elements in the party.

The theme of the birthday was the use of damask in the elements.  My digital invitation featured damasks in different colors combined with silver sequins and the message "Live your life... and forget your age!".


Since we decided to give cupcakes to go instead of a cake (easier when you are hanging out, drinking or simply in another party mood, you know?)... I embellished the boxes with stamped damasks in a punched circle over card-stock or patterned paper.  Each combination of damasks, colors and papers was different.


In mass production we placed the cupcakes in the boxes with doilies.  


At the event, we arranged them to simulate a cake.  We had to be watching other people wanting to get them thinking they were free giveaways...LOL!




I also gave a scented candle in a jar as a token of appreciation to the people in my party.  I printed the damask and the theme and combined with lace or silver ribbon and sequins to embellish.  Also stamped a damask in a punched circle which I also embossed and painted the surface for dimension.  That was to embellish the lid.



Here's my DH arranging them at the party...


Symmetrically...of course... OCD!  LOL!!!!!


We welcomed the guests with mojitos and  provided for some finger food or appetizers during the night.  As they left, they received the cupcake in a box and the candle.


And... let me share some photos to mark the 45 years celebration event in my life... just for fun...
This is me with my husband.


Here.. with some friends...


A closer look with some of the girls.



Hanging out with some others...


And of course... with a glass of wine!  I went with white that night to keep me refreshed.  It was a Chilean Chardonnay... hotel's house wine.  Pretty good!



Tks for stopping by and tks for your comments.  Keep enjoying life!!!


2 comments:

JAY ROSA said...

Muchas felicidades! Me mataste con los cupcakes dentro de las cajitas y tus velas. Todo un encanto!

Unknown said...

Nena!! Felicidades y todo te quedó bello!! Me encantó lo que hiciste para las velas. Un abrazo!