Saturday, August 26, 2017

Happy Birthday Cake Topper Banner

Some girls at work asked me for a cake topper with a Happy Birthday banner.  I loved making it and personalizing it an it so it could be even more special. 


For the banner itself I started with some pre made banner flags. If i didn't have these I would had cut them by hand or with the Cricut machine.  I've seen cutting punches with the banner shape too. 

I circle punched  cardstock and vellum to add dimension and layers to the flags and used AC's tickles letters. 

For the embellishments on the sides I also used punches. For the quote clouds I used Latina Crafter 's dies and stamps. The message in Spanish is also from LC. The name "Janet" was stamped with Inkadinkado stamps. 

I made the holes in the flags with my CropAdile and used baker's twine to assemble all with brochetas sticks. 

I liked the final result a lot and the girls also did. This is a photo showing how they finally placed it at he cake. 


Hope you like it and get inspired.  Making this made me think of so many other ways to make cake toppers. I'm sure will make a lot more in the future. 

Have a good weekend. 

#winecheeseandscrapbooking #scrappermyra #scrapbooking  #create #handmade #hechoamano  #banner #caketopper #happybirthday #papercraft #art #LatinaCrafter #Inkadinkado #BirthdayBanner #handmadecaketopper #happy #stamping

No comments: