Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Summer, Coffee, Color Inspiration... and more!!!

Hey there my friends.

I've been determined to participate in some challenges and blog contests this week... and I haven't done that bad.  Working all day with a little extra time, starting back to a little exercising, trying to get some things done around the house and mom's, plus wanting to make some projects for these challenges.  So you'll see I'll post at least a card per day within the next days...

In this post I'm sharing a card I made for several challenges.

First, I have to tell you that the moment I saw this challenge it called my attention because of two things.  One is that the huge amount of sponsors supporting it, and the other one is the theme.  It is a Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop (or tea, or cocoa) challenge.  Summer & Coffee, huh?   So I combined this theme, with beautiful color combo I had in mind from Cosmic Colours Challenge #14... very appropriate for Summer.  Finally, I used inspiration for the card sketch of the current Unity Be Inspired challenge and will also share in next Friday's Friends with Flair, also at Unity Stamp Co.

So this is what I came up with. 


I combined different colors of cardstock and inked the edges.  I also applied some distress inks with water to a piece of vellum for a unique background.  Stamps are from different grab bags and a Kit of the Month from Unity Stamp Co.  I really liked the result.  Didn't ever think of combining a hot beverage with Summer.  LOL!


Hope you liked my card.  Would love to see some comments around here.  And remember you can follow me in facebook... I want more friends in my page... trying to get at least 10 new ones.  You can visit me HERE.
And stay tuned for another card I made using Latina Crafter products and will be posted soon.  :)


Here's some information and references about the challenges I'm entering this card:





The Unity Be Inspired Challenge (I chose to use the sketch for this one)



36 comments:

Sylvia said...

Cute card, Myra, I love those pots and the pretty colors! Happy Wednesday and happy hopping!

Karenladd said...

These sweet little teapots are adorable and I love the fun colors you used!

New Creations said...

Love the color choice and your teapot sets are adorable, love it!

Bananastamper said...

Cute! I love how you popped up the tea pots!

Lisa InkyWings said...

Summery and popping colors!
Very cute card.

anja curvers said...

Awesome card love the summery feeling and those colors.

~amy~ said...

Such a sweet card, love the summery colors!
Thanks for linking up to the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

Shelly said...

Super cute!

Lori Kobular said...

Such a sweet card, love those adorable tea pots!!

D.Ann C said...

Fab background makes your cool pots pop!

Monika Reeck said...

Cuutee I love your coloring and love your background too
I am not in to facebook but if you like to visit my Blog I can be your friend in blogland..
I love that your card so summery colors..
sweeet sweet...
my card is #125, #187 and #232 if you like to visit me back
hugs, Monika

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

So pretty, U love all of your little tea post. TFS

Kelli Haglund said...

Super cute card.

Sweet April said...

Wow..very cute,sweet,colorful card.Just love each detail,color and inspiration.I prefer tea!

wendy said...

precious teapots, fun colors

Ann said...

Super cute card, love the tea pots.

Happy Dance said...

Those teapots really capture the colors of the Comic Colour Challenge inspiration photo. The pots themselves, are so sweet! Love the summertime colors, and the the inked up vellum background. Wonderful card. Bev

Annie said...

Pretty card and love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

Milka Gubo said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors! :-D

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty! Your colors match the Comic Colour challenge beautifully.

Kris B said...

Adorable! Love the cute tea pots!

DIANA L. said...

Wow love all the colored pots super cute card. great take on the sketch to.

Ruby said...

Adorable card.

Maura said...

Great summer colors, and I love how you popped up the designs!

Connie Mercer said...

so cute~love the design.

Berina RGA said...

lovely stamp!! very nice card..

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so super cute, love the background.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Eek! Love those bright, happy little coffee pots! They are perfect with the inspiration photo

Becca Cruger said...

That sprayed background is deeeeee-vine! Love the grungy green ink! Gorgeous make.

Ceal said...

super cuteness!

Amber Sheaves said...

So cute!! I love all those little teapots.

Cheryl said...

Love the little pots, and your vellum background is fantastic!!!

Dawn Fields said...

Very sweet card; I love everything about it!

Patry Ro said...

Sweet and lovely card!! TFS!!!

Gaylynn said...

Such a fun theme. I am partial to tea, and this little tea pot is darling. :)

Colette said...

What a fun, bright card Myra. You can't beat a good cup of tea :oD Thank you for playing along with Cosmic Colours this month :o) xx