Friday, September 27, 2019

GROWING IN UNITY (GIU) DAY 5

Welcome to the last day of the GIU week. It's been so cool to post everyday and read your comments.
Thank you all for your support and love.

In the fifth day I am sharing a card which was also made for Craft Stamper magazine.  I love this card.  I stamped a wood image in several cardstocks of different colors and used embossing powder to stand out.  I then cut different strips of these papers to simulate wood panels.  This is the background you see in the card, to which I also added brads to simulate nails.



I separately stamped and fussy cut the basket with flowers and placed with dimensional adhesives.  

And this is it... this is the final post.  I hope you continue visiting my blog and/or my other contact points in social media.  This is just for fun and hopefully we can continue sharing and inspiring one another.  

Remember to make sure to have commented in all five posts this week.  We will choose 2 winners to get goodies from Unity Stamp Co.   If you also comment in Facebook or Instagram (@Scrapper Myra), you could be the third winner I will choose to give out some small goodies from my side.

Thank you Unity Stamp Co for this great opportunity.  And thank you everybody. :)  Don't forget to be imperfect.



17 comments:

Pat said...

I love this card. I love the wood slats and bling, as I am always afraid I want too much bling on my cards. It looks wonderful old and aged wood

Sue D said...

Pretty basket and love the wood panel background.

Kathy H said...

I like how you designed this card. Thanks for sharing this week!

NeeterN said...

Great technique with the boards - never really thought about cutting them apart before! Thanks for sharing your cards all week!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your background came out really awesome! Great job.
The card is lovely and I adore the Earthiness of it.
Great week of inspiration, too, thank you. :-)

EM said...

Beautiful card and neat technique, thanks for sharing your talents with us

Denise Bryant said...

Love this pretty card! Love the wood background and the basket of flowers! Great color combo!
Thanks for an awesome GIU week! I've enjoyed all the projects you shared with us!

Cindy Holmes said...

Beautiful card! I think this is my favorite one this week from your amazing creations this week!

Denise S. said...

What a cool idea to use the various colors of the woodgrain like that. You could do several backgrounds at once since there would be several strips of each color. Wonderful week.

Glennis F said...

Thanks for such a great week of inspiration - I love the woodgrain background

Sweet April said...

Amazing card full of interesting techniques. Love the background,the wood concept and the basket.Wonderful idea!It has been an amazing week. Thanks for sharing your creations.

Linda Vigil said...

I love how this card came out...grrat color choices.Thanks for the fun GIU week!

MadeByMeghanK said...

Gorgeous Background! I LOVE IT!

Debra Dekock said...

Wow, amazing details. Card is so cute. Thank you for you inspiration this week..it was fun looking at all your ideas/cards.

Phaline Mays said...

Best card of the week! The background is very cool! Thank you for sharing your crafty love this week!

ionabunny said...

Very cool background and the colours are gorgeous. A fab card. Hugz

Maia Ink said...

Gorgeous!