Monday, September 23, 2019

GROWING IN UNITY (GIU) DAY 1

Hello my friends.
I am so happy to be part of Growing in Unity this week!   I am officially a Growing in Unity Gal!  This is very special for me because of many reasons but I'll just give you five...

I love to create,
I love stamping,
I love Unity Stamps,
I love to share creations,
and
being part of GIU "makes" me take the time to create...

It is true.. with the whole bunch of stuff at work, family and life in general, sometimes I have to put my hobby in second... third... or just last place.  But this week I will share 5 creations using Unity Stamp Co.  You just need to stop by every day from Monday thru Friday this week (Sept 23 to 27, 2019) and comment about the posts.   At the end of the week I will be choosing 2 winners that will receive products from Unity Stamp Co.  Isn't that cool?  We share Unity, we give everybody else some love, and we win.

I will start this week with a card I made for Craft Stamper Magazine.  It features a beautiful Unity Stamp with sentiment... which I love because I am a true believer that imperfection is perfect.


I used watercolors to create a background in a plain cardstock.  I then cut a section in the middle using a die, and stamped the sentiment.  With black cardstock I created the eclipse effect positioning the center piece with dimensional adhesives.  I separately stamped, colored and cut the lady and carefully placed also with dimensional adhesives, finishing with some enamel dots.

I hope you like it and you could get some inspiration.  Don't forget to leave your comment and visit everyday, not only because it would make me happy, but because you'll have the opportunity to win goodies.  You can also visit in Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest under @Scrappper Myra.  Leave me comments there too and I'll pick up a third winner and will send some goodies too... just a few surprise items as a token of appreciation for following me this week.

Have a great week!



31 comments:

Trude Julie said...

What a wonderful summery card you’ve made

ionabunny said...

Very pretty scene and fab sentiment. Hugz

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! I love the dimension and soft colors!
Congrats on your GIU week!

Cindy Trudeau said...

Very pretty card. Your colors are perfect!

Linda said...

Nice card!

EM said...

Hello, and welcome, I too like this stamp and the beach, nice card, like the soft tone. Looking forward to your creation

Sweet April said...

Adorable card, beautiful colors. It's simple,cute and unique!

Glennis F said...

I love the layered effect, such a pretty card

Becca Yahrling said...

This is very pretty; love the layers. And I have always loved seeing this image from Unity.

Wilma DeG said...

Great card! I love the soft colors if your background. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

MadeByMeghanK said...

What a GORGEOUS SCENE! Love it! Great coloring!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

What a beautiful card! Makes you breath slower just imagining you're there with her!

ScrappyCat said...

Really took me to the beach! Which I love. Right along with your great card. Love it! Looking forward to this week to see what else you got in your bag creativity!

Sue D said...

Your card makes me want to go to the beach!

ScrappyCat said...

Your card took me right to the beach! Love It! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

It’s a Card Knock Life said...

Beautiful card!

Linda Vigil said...

Beautiful card, love it! Wanna be there!

Denise S. said...

Such a calming scene and I really like how you cut the center at an angle to create interest.

Pat said...

I love this card. The colors are wonderful and love the bling on it

Nancy Deffner said...

Very pretty!

Wendy said...

What beautiful layering and colors! I can almost hear the waves!! Congrats on your GIU Week!! I also commit myself to things so that I am forced to enjoy my amazing Unity collection!! Have a wonderful time!!!

Linda said...

Your watercoloring skills are very impressive! Love the softness of the whole card!

Kathy H said...

Congrats on being this week's GIU gal, so exciting! Super cute summer card!

Jhays said...

I love the stitched die!!! Very pretty card!

Dorothy Green said...

Love the layers of your card and the soft watercolored background!

Phaline Mays said...

Beautiful card!I love the way your sky turned out! <3

Debra Dekock said...

This card is amazing. Love the details..great idea.

NeeterN said...

Nice card - love the use of watercolor with the stamped & cut out girl.

karen adams said...

Beautiful!

Cindy Holmes said...

Gorgeous card! Your water coloring is absolutely amazing tooo!

Maia Ink said...

Background is amazing!