Tuesday, September 24, 2019

GROWING IN UNITY (GIU) DAY 2


It's day 2 of my Growing in Unity week.  Welcome to my blog.

Here's a card I made to share with you.  



 I used scrap patterned paper I had from a very old collection as a colorful background.  Do you storage old paper too?

I stamped the mason jars in a transparency (acetate) and cut.  Then added bakers twine around the neck.  Lid section was also stamped in cardstock to place on top.


I framed the scene with other patterned paper and carefully positioned/glued the sequins so they appear to be inside the mason jars, which were then placed over the sequins using transparent glue dots in certain areas of the edge.


A sentiment was also added and several loose sequins as well.
Hope you like my card.

Don't forget to leave your comment and visit everyday, (make sure to visit yesterday's post if you haven't already).  You'll have the opportunity to win goodies from Unity Stamp Co.  Two winners will be chosen.  You can also visit me in Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest under @Scrappper Myra.  Leave me comments there too and I'll pick up a third winner and will send some goodies too... just a few surprise items as a token of appreciation for following me this week.

Thank you for stopping by.

25 comments:

Denise S. said...

Great colorful card. I love the sequins in the jars along with the twine around the tops.

Pat said...

Adorable I love bright color cards, what a great way to use paper and all the sequence we have

MadeByMeghanK said...

These mason jars are DARLING! I LOve the colors!

ScrappyCat said...

Too cute!! What a fun card.

Pamela Duncan said...

Oh my goes! This is cuteness overload! Love the way you attached the acetate jars, looks just perfect!

Sweet April said...

Awesome jar card,it's so unique with those sequins.Love it!You created a marvelous card.

Wendy said...

How cute!! Great idea <3 Have a great week ;)

Linda said...

How clever! You certainly are creative! Thanks for sharing!

Wilma DeG said...

What cute and very creative card! I love the bright colors and all the little "extra" touches... the sequins, twine, etc.

Kathy H said...

A very cheerful happy card!

Jhays said...

This is super cool. I'm going to have to try this! Loving the faux shaker feel!

Glennis F said...

That is such a lovely project, I love it!

Linda Vigil said...

I have Unity jars from forever ago, so glad you brought them out to play, maybe I will, too! 😁

EM said...

This is really cute, haven’t got the shaker cards down pack yet😂 but I’m still trying

Denise Bryant said...

Very cute shaker card! Love the jars!
I have lots of paper from a long time ago.... and every time I need something, I run to the local store and buy more! Should work at using some of what I already have!

Dorothy Green said...

Such a cool card! Love the bright colors!

Sue D said...

Yes I store old paper too. Cute card with the jars of sequins.

It’s a Card Knock Life said...

What a wonderful card!

Phaline Mays said...

Adorable! Perfect for a kids card!

Debra Dekock said...

Great idea. Great way to also use up scraps.

NeeterN said...

Super cute & colorful card! So cheerful!

ionabunny said...

Fabulous bright and beautiful shaker. Hugz

Becca Yahrling said...

Shakers are my favorite and this is just too cute and so happy & colorful.

Cindy Holmes said...

Cute card! I really love the patterned paper that you used too!

Maia Ink said...

Looks like a shaker but is not a shaker card. LOVE