Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Mixed Media ATC

I recently joined an ATC swap group with nine talented ladies.  I love ATC's but I have to admit I don't make them as often as I wish.  An Artist Trading Card made to share and collect talent and art from others is a great idea.  I also think ATC's are versatile because if you don't want to collect them, just reuse them.  Yes, reuse them in a card, as a journaling card, as embellishment in a home decor piece or a scrapbooking page... as part of a tag... you name it.  You can use it as part of another project or just collect them and get inspired.

I made this one for the group and I'm very pleased.



My friends from the ATC group should have received them already so that's why I'm already sharing.


I started spraying some paint and creating sort of a sunrise with reds and yellows...  and then applied modeling paste with a stencil to which I applied purple mica powder that I spread with water.  Love Mica Powder!


The butterfly was stamped over an sprayed watercolor sheet and some of its parts were embossed to add some interest.  Then fussy cut and placed with dimensional adhesives.   Sentiment was stamped in vellum.


I ended up making 11 instead of 10 because I made what I call an Artist Proof first and then made some changes... so it counts.  I also ended up having two with the sentiment on the upper side of card instead of lower.

I will share this with Mixed Media Place friends.  The colors in the current March challenge inspired me somehow to this creation.  


I will also share with Take It Make It challenge from Craft Stamper Magazine.  Love this team and all their creations.  Hope they like this too.


Thank you for stopping by and thank you for you comments.  Hope you liked my ATC.  I will show you another one in my next post.  :)




5 comments:

Dale Sue said...

I am so proud to have one of these! And your instructions are great. Thanks for bringing me along.

Juliya Tirskaya said...

Amazing!
Thank you for joining as at Mixed Media Place!

Arantzazu said...

awesome atc´s!!!
thanks for playing with us at MMP!

AnastasiaElena said...

Beautiful butterflies!
butterflies!

Katja/MezzaNotte said...

Gorgeous ATC cards!
Thank you for playing with us at Mixed Media Place!
Katja