Thursday, March 8, 2018

Happy Birthday Card

Today's is one of my best friend's birthday.  It's also International Day of Working Women and she is a hard worker...

Made this very simple card using patterned paper as background and stamping image directly on it.  It is perfectly imperfect since the image gets all the design from paper in places you don't necessarily
want them but that's the whole idea of this fun technique.


I colored just special areas I wanted to "liberate" from the patterned paper, such as her hair, bow, skin and shoes...  Also colored some of the balloons.  The rest is the same paper doing its job.

 

The sentiment is a wood veneer... I needed some dimension.  And that's why I also added some rubber circles to add some more happy colors to the birthday card.

Hope she likes it... and hope you like it too.

No comments: