Saturday, January 13, 2018

Scraplift - Paper Issues Challenge


Hola friends.

I made this layout as a scrap lift for Paper Issues Scraplift Challenge.  I've followed Paper Issues for a while and always comment and like, but this is kind of a first contribution/entry to a challenge.  This is a very fun group of talented people and they provide lots of inspirations everyday.

For my layout I used this photo of myself drinking a delicious margarita.  This day we were still without electricity, tap water and lots of other services due to pass of Hurricane Maria.  I know you've  read about some of my stories before but remember I am documenting some things "after Maria".  So this day was like a week after my birthday and we found this place/restaurant providing service... so for me, this margarita was specially to celebrate life.


Note in my page I used several stamps from Unity Stamp Co.  The heart, the sentiment about the little things, the flowers in the circles throughout the sharpie swirls, the diamond shapes at right, and the cool margarita which I watercolored and added some glossy accents and of course the salt (glitter).


Journaling is in Spanish, so here's an English adaptation of what it says:  "We must live the moment and give meaning to each instant of our lives.  Even though my birthday was on October 7th, this delicious margarita is a celebration symbol.  Enjoying the here and the now."

I hope you like my page.  :)

Not leaving without sharing the link for the challenge HERE, and please refer to original gorgeous layout at follows: 



No comments: