Saturday, January 20, 2018

Hobby or Therapy?

You know I've been documenting a few things that happened during pass of Hurricane Maria thru Puerto Rico... or as consequence after it...

One of the things I confirmed during these times of desperation was that having a hobby can be a life saver.  Yes... because in good times, you have a hobby and you enjoy free time, and you share with others in some cases, or simply "pass the time" (There's no coincidence that in Spanish, "hobby" is "pasatiempo")...

But in difficult times... in hard times... it seems that you don't have time for a hobby and it's not a priority.  

However, a hobby like scrapbooking, paper crafts or general crafts... is life saver.  It's like therapy and it gives you a great opportunity to escape.


In my world I get lost... Time passes and I don't realize it.   My mind runs and travels... imagines, creates, and is free.   During these hard times when we didn't have electricity or basic services (we did have food and all we need to live), when I needed to relax... my hobby was there.

So this layout shows how I am free in my world, when I am creating.  I used a design paper as base, that kind of reminds me on things flowing... like air...  it has flowers and beautiful colors but the swirls kind of let me go...
I place my photo in a corner and surrounded it with circles... because I am in my own world and in my own circle when creating...   


Note the bird cages and the birds...  it's symbol of my escape when I am creating...  the cages are a stamp from Unity Stamp Co...


I hope you like my page.  You probably saw it in my facebook or instagram pages.  Let me know your thoughts.  



No comments: