Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Day 2 - Growing In Unity - Scrapper Myra

Wow Hello again my friends. 

This is my second post as a Growing In Unity gal.  Remember to follow all my five posts this week.  If you didn't get the chance to see my first post yesterday, you can still go and make a comment.   In my first post you will also find instructions on how you can win some goodies. 

Today I am sharing some Mini Canvas By Scrapper Myra.  I love Mixed Media and canvas is a great base to create and freely express yourself.  I have opted for mini canvas for a while because you can make multiple projects that can either be related or not.  And also simply because they are cute. 

I made three to show you today. To prepare then I first applied white gesso to all. 



The first one is about one of my passions: wine. I used a stencil to create these stains with modeling paste.  After dried I carefully applied some color with watercolor paints just enough to paint the paste and make these stains believable.   I didn't want to drop the paint in the canvas so preferably to miss some paste to make these seem more realistic.  I stamped the sentiment into cork sheet and completed. 


For the other  mini canvas I used multiple materials such as modeling paste, a piece of lace, spray paint, wood, and of course stamps.   The mini wood frame was painted and the stamped the sentiment when dry. Love the final look of this little one. All the texture and dimension are just like I imagined. 


The last one is about a strong butterfly.  Well the message is about strength and was stamped in cardstock. I think butterflies are strong.  They look very delicate after metamorphosis but they have to go thru a lot before they get their wings. So that's why I used some dark base and texture to communicate strength but used a butterfly as part of the whole composition. 



Hope you liked my second set of  projects. Don't forget to comment below and in my Facebook page.  You'll find me as Scrapper Myra. 


Thank youuuuuu!!!

A review of the GIU process and a surprise bonus:

Posts will be originated in my blog and you can visit everyday to read the post and comment.  You will want to comment  on all five posts because at the end of the week I will choose two random winners to receive 25 stamps from Unity.  

But there's more...  I will share the link in my Facebook page too.  If you like my page, and also follow the Facebook posts interacting with likes, comments and shares,  you will participate in another draw to win a kit from Unity (this one"s on me!). 
Thank you again for your participation and support. 

Sneak Peek for tomorrow:
Hint:  cards

I am also sharing this creation and all this week with my friends at Craft Stamper magazine. There's an Anything Goes Challenge going on and am trying to participate as much as possible to collaborate with it. This is the link:  http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/take-it-make-it-challenge-july.html?m=1



#winecheeseandscrapbooking #scrappermyra #scrapbooking #unitystampco #create #handmade #hechoamano #growinginunity #giu #giugal #stamping #papercraft #giuweek #MiniCanvasByScrapperMyra #canvas #minicanvas #painting #watercolor

36 comments:

Niece said...

Your canvas projects are very cool. Love all three.

Jules46 said...

Your frigging amazing! I love all three of these canvas projects!❤️
I haven't found modeling paste- but I have everything else and have yet to try working on one!
Great job!

Selena said...

Super cute idea. I have a bunch of mini canvases laying around. I don't do much mixed media but I think I'll give it a try with all those canvases I have.

Darlene said...

Absolutely love them! I did something like this for my mother in law.

Heather Miller said...

Awesome layers and textures on all the projects! I especially love the Wine Canvas 🍷🤗

Lisa said...

These canvases are awesome!

Janet Christensen said...

Love mixed media.

Janet Christensen said...

Love mixed media.

Janet Christensen said...

Lovely.

Marcy said...

Like the media art done on canvas, gives a new look to stamps.

Cindy Littler said...

Very cool. Time to get out my canvas'.

Suzanne said...

Ooooohhhh.....I love them all! I especially love the second one -- all kinds of texture and color on that. Beautiful creations!

alo said...

All three are amazing. Love how you incorporated stamps into them and the textures!

alo said...

All three are amazing. Love how you incorporated stamps into them and the textures!

{S} said...

These are so cool! I want to make one!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love the "Wine with me" and how you stamped on cork!

Dorothy Green said...

I like your canvases and the story of each. I think my favourite it is the red and blue one, it makes me think of an impressionist's painting... very pretty!!!

Crafter said...

Your mini canvases are really cool!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love making canvases! I just bought a couple that are 3" x 9" and I'm looking forward to creating with them. Yours are all so beautiful, each in their individuality.

SHartl said...

Wow! I really like the mini canvases. I am always kind of intimidated by mixed media on canvas because I don't want to commit to a large project but these are perfect. The one with the lace is so colorful, and the texture is just wonderful. I am also following you along on FB!

Edna said...

Todos hermosos! Mis favoritos de del vino y el de la mariposa.

Judy B said...

Love the little canvases, but the butterfly is my favorite. Thanks for sharing your 💡 ideas with us.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Wonderful canvases... very creative! Each one is unique with its own message and inspiration behind it. Love them!

Denise S. said...

Nice. All the texture is great.

briscon said...

Love love these canvases! What an awesome gift they would be! I have a step daughter who just moved into a new house, and this idea of a themed set of canvasses would be the perfect gift! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary Kay Werry said...

Loving your canvas art - very cool looking.

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs said...

I love mixed media too. Great projects.

Rebecca RamirezBarnes said...

Love all 3 projects but the butterfly is my favorite! Love your thoughts about their strength

Maria Arreguin said...

I love all of them, specially the wineone sista!

Mechele said...

A girl after my own ❤️ heart!!! Love mixed media!!! Great work!!

Unknown said...

Myra, I am loving your blog! Thank you for all of the inspiration. The mixed media projects look amazing. I can't wait to create more!

Daisydo said...

I always forget about mini canvases! Your mixed media take is spot on!

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

My favorite is the wine one!!!! Simple and elegant, plus is wine duhhhh ♡

sharon g said...

Those are pretty cool. And to think I threw away some extra canvases a few years ago!!

Karenladd said...

Your mini canvases are a great way to make a piece of art without a huge commitment of time. I love how different each one is, and the creative use of Unity stamps!

Denise Bryant said...

Love all that texture!