Monday, July 3, 2017

Day 1 - Growing In Unity - Scrapper Myra

Hello my friends. 

This is my first post as a Growing In Unity gal. I am very happy to be able to lead you through one week of fun, by sharing creativity and this wonderful hobby of crafting/Scrapbooking. 

Remember to follow all my five posts this week. There will be one each day from Monday to Friday. I will share with you some projects using stamps from Unity Stamp Co., and you can make comments, ask whatever you want, get inspired and simply have fun. 

At the end of the week I will randomly choose two winners to get 25 stamps from generous Unity Stamp Co.  How cool is that?

I have created several projects just for this week. I tried to have different styles and techniques so we can have even more fun sharing all. 

The first project I want to share with you is a bookmark. I chose to use this image for the fist GIU project because it is exactly how I feel. I am Wonder Woman this week. LOL!


I used craft paper as base and sprayed some colors from Prima Color Blooms sprays. I used blue, yellow, some darker blue and more... until I got the desired effect. I wanted to achieve the look of a galaxy or kind of...


The WW image was first stamped in the galaxy to mark her position. Then It was stamped separately in an ivory cardstock. I used Copics, watercolor pencils/paints and acrylic paint to color this lady.   I also added some glossy accents and glitter to certain sections I wanted to emphasize.  Then I cut the image and adhered to her position in the bookmark. 


Finally, I stamped the sentiment in vellum and applied embossing powder to heat and melt and get it fabulous.  Some sequins always support a nice final touch. 

Hope you liked my first project. Don't forget to comment below and in my Facebook page.  You'll find me as Scrapper Myra. 


Thank youuuuuu!!!

A review of the GIU process and a surprise bonus:

Posts will be originated in my blog and you can visit everyday to read the post and comment.  You will want to comment  on all five posts because at the end of the week I will choose two random winners to receive 25 stamps from Unity.  

But there's more...  I will share the link in my Facebook page too.  If you like my page, and also follow the Facebook posts interacting with likes, comments and shares,  you will participate in another draw to win a kit from Unity (this one"s on me!).  Here's a photo of the kit I will be giving away to a Facebook winner. 


Thank you again for your participation and support. 

Sneak Peek for tomorrow:
Hint:  canvas

I am also sharing this creation and all this week with my friends at Craft Stamper magazine. There's an Anything Goes Challenge going on and am trying to participate as much as possible to collaborate with it. This is the link:  http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/take-it-make-it-challenge-july.html?m=1



#winecheeseandscrapbooking #scrappermyra #scrapbooking #unitystampco #create #handmade #hechoamano #growinginunity #giu #giugal #stamping #papercraft #giuweek #WonderWoman #bookmark

41 comments:

Kim Marie said...

Love Wonder Woman, and your tag rocks it! The colors are amazing but the glitter on her bodice! LOVE! Congratulations on being the GIU girl!

Jules46 said...

This bookmark is beautiful! I don't have the Wonder Woman stamp but now feel I need it!

Cindy Littler said...

I'm with jules46. Never thought I would want a WW stamp but after seeing this---WOW

Darlene said...

Beautiful bookmark. Love all the colors.
Might have to get that stamp.

sharon g said...

I LOVE this card!!! And think I need to buy the stamp set. I have bought my sister all kinds of Wonder Woman things--a backpack, pencil bag, notebook with her name personalized on it....because she IS Super Woman!!

Unknown said...

El primero está hermoso

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

Great way to start the week!

alo said...

Love this bookmark! This is the perfect background for this stamp. The added accents on her look amazing. I definitely need to add her to my wish list.

alo said...

Love this bookmark! This is the perfect background for this stamp. The added accents on her look amazing. I definitely need to add her to my wish list.

Terry Ladwig said...

Great first project! Can't wait to see what you have done the rest of the week!

Looks like I may be adding her to my wish list also!

Dorothy Green said...

Love how you did this! From the cosmic background to the bling on her cuffs! Looking forward to seeing what else you have in store this week!!!😊

Rebecca RamirezBarnes said...

The background is great! Perfect for the galaxy effect you were going for. Excited for tomorrow's canvas project!

Stampin Dawg said...

Thanks for such a unique project. Had not seen this stamp while browsing Unity, but you've enlightened me & now it's a must have.

Daisydo said...

I love your bookmark! Super cute! That background is gorgeous.

Rita W said...

Love the use of sparkles for the red and yellow. I have this set, but hadn't thought of adding sparkles. Makes for an awesome and inspiring book mark!

Marcy said...

Like the bookmark and the different techniques to make her stand out and be yours.

angela said...

I love your WW . I love the sparkle you put on her. My granddaughter Keira is an avid reader and I think
This would be perfect for her. I will have to get that stamp!

Suzanne said...

I love this! Wonder Woman was a great one to start with -- I love the background and how you added a little sparkle to her! Beautiful job! I look forward to seeing what the canvas project is...

Teresa said...

Your Wonder Woman rocks! I love the universe background...the image just pops off of the bookmark. Great job!

Edna said...

WOW! Que muchas técnicas utilizaste. Me encanta el tema y la combinación de colores.

Selena said...

Love this bookmark!!! Wonder Woman is so fun, I love how you added glitter and glossy accents, it makes her pop so much more. The background is gorgeous too. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us!!

Judy B said...

Love the background on your tag. This Wonder Woman stamp is becoming a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing this project with us.

skrapr22 said...

Beautiful bookmark, love the background!

Heather Miller said...

Great post for Day 1! You've inspired me to make a bookmark for my daughter, she loves to read & an Angie Girl bookmark will inspire her! I will be sure to check out your Facebook page right now. 😊

BROKENBUTNOTFORGOTTEN said...

Love, love :)

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Love your bookmark!! Diana girl is one of my favorites!!

Niece said...

I love your bookmark. Great colors and wonderful stamp set.

Becca Yahrling said...

What an awesome bookmark! I love her sparkly outfit.
You did a marvelous coloring job of her and the galaxy!

{S} said...

Love your bookmark! You colored her perfectly and the glittery accents are yummy!! Heading off to FB! Happy Unity week!

Crafter said...

Love your bookmark! The coloring of Wonder Woman is great, and I love the background!

SHartl said...

What a great project to start out your GIU week! The Wonder Woman image is already amazing, but with that background and the glitter...WOW! I can't wait to see what else you share with us.

briscon said...

Bookmarks!!! I love this idea for those times you want to create, but don't need a card! Wonder Woman pops for sure, and the background is awesome....I may try it with distress inks! Beautiful!

Mary Kay Werry said...

what a great Wonder Woman tag. very impressive.

Little Scraps of Heaven Designs said...

such a great tag

Maria Arreguin said...

My boys love Wonder Womannow i feel i need to have that stamp

Unknown said...

One of my favorite stamps! Love Wonder Woman!! Your tag is fab! Thanks for sharing.

Janet Christensen said...

Wonder-ful.

Daisydo said...

I just love your background you created. It really makes your focal image pop. You have a great eye for detail.

Karenladd said...

Everything about this is wonderful! The vellum sentiment, the glitter accents, the Wonder Woman theme, and your gorgeous background!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome bookmark!

Linda said...

Fabulous bookmark. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx