Sunday, March 20, 2016

Want to make some Cheese?

 Today is a great day to relax, get some rest, think about your blessings and don't think about all the work that awaits you next week and all the things you have pending to do... Oh God... it's me.
Anyways, I wanted to make a simple layout today.  Didn't want to work with stamps and paint and inks and mixed media... just make a simple layout with papers, stickers, washi tapes and simple embellishments.  I wanted to work with photos today.

So I grabbed some old printed photos from a very large pack I have to make layouts... LOL... Will never do all of them... I realized I will have to put them in some traditional albums 'cause I'll never make so many layouts to use all the photos I print.

So I made a double page layout about a fun day three years ago... My DH and I went with our goddaughter, her father, and a couple of friends to visit a local cheese factory and make our own cheese...  It was so  much fun, and then we went to eat at a very nice place on a lake, and had fun together.  I enjoyed that day with my friends but specially enjoyed the time with this little girl.  She's so lovable and she gets excited about everything and enjoys life.  I love her personality. :)

I worked the pages so they belong together but can also work as single pages.

The left one shows only one photo of me and my goddaughter and says "Today is a good day".

The right page features multiple photos making a photo of my goddaughter the main focus.  Title says "To Make Cheese..."  (so it works as a continuation of left page title, but also alone is a phrase that works as a single title).


I used Amy TAngerine's papers from American Crafts, and letters from American Crafts as well, and from Basic Grey.  Some stickers are from Marbella by K, and the cool plaid chipboard cow is from Martha Stewart.  I also used sequins and washi tapes, doillies, and more.

I couldn't resist and I sprayed some color bloom from Prima Marketing in both pages just for my personal touch.  I tried I tried to make it simply with papers and photos, but I think I could make the challenge by using only that little touch of spray and without stamping at all.   That's amazing!  LOL.

This is how the pages look together.


Hope you liked them and got inspired.  Please leave me your comments if you wish, and don't forget you can follow me too on facebook and instagram as Scrapper Myra.

No comments: