Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Tree - This year dedicated to WISDOM!

Christmas tree?  That has become a nightmare for me the last several years.  I know that the tree is important.  I cannot let the Christmas spirit die...  but sometimes I feel it is a lot of work and stress, putting the tree together, trying to maximize the materials and ornaments one already has and avoid spending more money, and at the end it is just there the whole month (actually more...), and then get ready for the stress of bringing it down.

There's not a big family in this house, you know?  My dog-son actually doesn't mind if I don't have a Christmas tree at home...  We enjoy Christmas in our hearts...

So... another year with the idea of not having to buy anything and not using the same ornaments...  We've already had our tree upside down (CLICK HERE), and one dedicated to friendship and good moments (CLICK HERE), and we've also had invisible trees (those years we've been covering The Grinch's vacations and we literally have not had any tree...)...

This time I went with the idea of using something other than a tree and the regular ornaments.  I present to you the process for my 2013 Christmas Tree... dedicated to wisdom... made out of books!!!


First of all, you need is a husband that can buy your idea and make it his own...  This way, we will do the brainstorming together but at the end he will decide on the logistics around the idea...  And don't get me wrong... I like it...   I trust him.



If you are lucky enough, you will manage to make him so enthusiastic about the idea, that at some point he will tell you to not interfere too much because he already has it in his mind...  and then, you leave him alone... :)... Well, not completely... you can be there taking pictures, classifying the books by sizes and making sure the dog-son does not bother.


You will end up with the Tree of Wisdom... made out of a stack of books you had to move from one room to another anyway, so you are taking advantage of the activities around the house.  Not bad, huh?




I just added some lights, and a Santa Claus on top...




Then I thought I could also add some poinsettias for a final touch.




Love it... It's different, unique and perfect...  from my point of view!








Merry Christmas!!!!

We are now officially ready to receive Santa Claus at home.  Hope he doesn't get confused and gets to understand our tree... LOL!





5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh, Myra...I loooove it!!! So lovely and very creative tree!!!! Happy Holidays my friend! xoxo

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

Super original!

Zulma said...

Very cool and unique!!! Love this idea, thanks for shearing and have a merry christmas. Hugs, Zulma

Karen (karey2005) said...

This is cool! TFS!

Unknown said...

Love this idea! Very nice.