Friday, January 15, 2016

Mixed Media Canvas: Paris

Hello my friends...

A friend celebrated her birthday recently, and I made this for her.  I have it made since last week but didn't want to reveal until she received it to avoid her knowing before.  LOL

I started with gesso to prepare the surface of the canvas, and chose some papers to position in some designated spots.  I also included one to be as a guide for a photo I will use later.


I used gelatos and water to start bringing colors to the composition.  I made it on the top side and then turned it upside down to do the same. 


I also added some more color with Prima color sprays, and prepared some modeling paste with acrylic paint to add texture.


I also used some glitter paste I recently bought... Love it.  And stamped some images and abstract forms, plus the main sentiment.


I continued blending colors and added the photo...


I also added wood embellishments, burlap, flowers, metals, pearls, and chipboard letters painted with distress stains, and even some rub-ons.


I love the final results.  I added a base in the back so the "artwork" can be displayed.


I really love the final result.  Do you?

I will share with Take It Make It Challenge in Craft Stamper magazine blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Gio said...

A marvellous background, and an amazing overall design. Thank you for playing with us at the CraftStamper magazine challenge