Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016 with a first project!

Hello 2016!
Happy New Year everyone!
I've been busy with the longest Christmas in the world... Seriously, in Puerto Rico we celebrate Christmas season since November and until the end of January.  We have parties starting in November around Thanksgiving, then the whole month until Christmas, New Year's, Three Kings Day (honoring the 3 Wise Men), and then we celebrate a famous party a whole week honoring Saint Sebastian, in the street with its name in San Juan (Puerto Rico's capital).   So I've been from parties to family gathering, friends get togethers, and all kinds of celebrations all this time.  I'm serious.  We take partying seriously.
Anyway, this is one I just had a few hours to go around my scrapbooking room.  I spent a good part of that time just looking at the stuff, "organizing" and deciding what to make or create.  Just had an urge, you know? LOL.
I have several projects that still need to be finished.  I have these lots of pictures already placed in multi pocket pages with journaling and titles, and everything, but still some pages in the middle with photos I left to make whole pages. So I made one simple page from a trip to Spain 3 years ago.


It was a great trip.  We visited Barcelona, Rioja, Ribera del Duero, and Madrid.  In Rioja we visited several wineries and had some great tours... you know I love wine.   This photo I chose for a layout is one took in the back side of  Marqués de Riscal hotel.  The winery with the name (also the wine has that name) has also a hotel.  We didn't stay at it (we stayed in another great hotel call Viura - viura is the name of a grape - ), but we had the tour and tasting of course.  It's beautiful.

I grabbed a white cardstock and made a cool background by spraying wine.  Well, not really, even though I've done it, but I used Prima Spray colors this time.  Then added patterned paper, half a doily and some more embellishments to arrange this page.

The title is a wood veneer form Heidi Swapp, and there's some washi from Tim Holtz, and cork, corrugated paper, sequins and more...


It's a simple page to stand out this great visit we had in Spain three years ago.  Hope you like my first page and project of 2016.  And thanks again for a wonderful 2015 to share this hobby we love.

Don't forget to follow Instagram and Facebook... Great things to come in this new beautiful year.

Have some wine... enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Bye!

No comments: