Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Done with all the rest...

Oh wow!  I wanted to participate in current Unity Be Inspired challenge and when I checked the date, it is due tomorrow (It's almost tomorrow already).  But I also wanted to go to sleep earlier... didn't happen!  Then I said... "I'm going to get this done"...  

And I made this card for the challenge using the color inspiration. You can find the details HERE.

I used different media to color, stamp and make a background for the sentiment...  distress inks, watercolor pencils, paint, pigment ink and glossy accents...





Really love the subtle effect of all these colors together.  I wish I could had taken a better photo, but it's dark...sorry.   I added a touch of gold with two acrylic paint brushes, which also add some movement.  I wanted the color to be behind the sentiment and not in the image, so just colored the center of the flowers and added glossy accents.  I wanted to do this because I wanted the sentiment to be the center of attention.  Don't you love these words?




The edges are distressed for the perfect imperfection touch I love.

Hope you like it.

I will link this to the Unity Be Inspired Challenge and also to next Friday Friends with Flair.  So make sure to leave a comment for a chance to win.

Have a great rest of the week.


PD. Here's a better photo I took in the morning with natural light. :)

13 comments:

Sweet April said...

Lovely,sweet,unique card.I can't believe you did it in such a short time.The colors are soft,peaceful and calm.Thanks for sharing.

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet and very artsy. I love it.
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ruby said...

Lovely card.

Laura Turcotte said...

Great card! love the effect!

Bananastamper said...

Great card! Love those flowers, they look like Hollyhocks, one of my favourties!
Happy Friday!

Brandi R said...

Such a soft and sweet card. Love it ♥

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very pretty!

Rebecca Yahrling said...

Very lovely card. Love those flowers!

Lisa :) said...

This is a lovely card!! The various mediums are so pretty on this!!

Gaylynn said...

I like the different colors behind that meaningful sentiment. :)

Cynthia said...

Very sweet, Myra.

Sue D said...

Love the soft pretty colors.

D- said...

I saw your project at Unity's FWF and came over for a closer look...
Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot