Sunday, June 1, 2014

Unfinished Projects, anyone?

So...are you in Puerto Rico or close enough to come by for a weekend?  Puerto Rico Scrapbook Event is coming up again this year and it will be held from June 6 to 8.  I've been attending this activity since the first one 5 years ago (this is the 6th. event)...  I feel it is a full day of doing something I love and I deserve.  I thought I was not going to be able to attend this year, but I've made some adjustments and I'm going!!!!

The good thing is that you can choose to go and visit the stores without any cost.  There are make and takes projects starting at only $5.  If you want more, you can go on a one day package (that's the one I am attending) and have 4 exclusive classes with famous SB teachers.  And there's a VIP package that includes and additional day with more exclusive projects.  There are also single classes you can take separately from the ones in the main packages.  So, there's no excuse.  You should go.  You can get more information HERE.

And in case you would like to read about my experience in the former events, you can also click in the links below:



Talking about projects now... do you have any unfinished projects? I have lots... Most of them are in my head, or still and idea written in a notebook...  but others are actual projects that I started and did not finish.  I have to confess I still have some unfinished projects from last year's PRSE (and maybe more make and takes than I should have from even older events...).  So I was trying to clean up a little in the craft room and I ended up finishing these two pages from Vicky Boutin and putting some photos on them...

I am still not very good scrap-lifting because I usually make my projects inspired by the photos or the ideas, but  these classes are different, unique, and very valuable since they are given by very recognized teachers, so I tried to be as faithful to the original as possible, but of course adjusted to my needs.

I used the 2-page double layout to document my class at the Scrapbooking Convention held by the Papeles y Más magazine last February.  This is a great scrapbooking magazine that I'm blessed enough to be part of its Design Team.
I thought this day was wonderful and loved the experience.
Page A shows me.


Page B shows me in the class, a close up of the project (it was a mini album in a box, so the photo shows the cover and the box only), and part of the magazine's DT.


Here's the two pages together.



... and here's the original spectacular project from Vicky.




See you next time!

No comments: