Saturday, June 18, 2011

Puerto Rico Scrapbook Event


What a great weekend it was last weekend! It was the 3rd year of the Puerto Rico Scrapbook Event... called the Iron Edition.... Get more info at www.puertoricoscrapbookevent.com.

At this event, you don't only get to see your scrapbooking friends, but you also meet new friends, and you take classes, and shop, and shop...

My scrapbooking partner in crime, Vivian, was working at the event... so I managed to be my myself and about 600 other girls from around the World. I met two new girls in the industry, Merari and Noemi. So sad I did not get her numbers but I talked with Noemi about my blog... I hope she reads this... Thanks for your company and the great time we had...

Great teachers such as the Glitz Girls, Margie Romney, Heidi Swapp, Trisha Ladouceur, Ashlee Jorgensen, Donna Downey, Nana Campana and more... were part of this event. And you won't believe it... Tim Holtz in person was one of the teachers at this event!!! Isn't it exciting? I had a great time. Great projects were worked there and beautiful materials and techniques we reviewed and learned.

Thank you Memory Box (local store that sponsors the event)...

Here are some pictures of me with all these very well known teachers...

This is Margie Romney... great personality... great spirit... great gal!


Nana Campana... I din't know about her... and she's Puerto Rican... so energetic!


And... tell me about the Glitz Girls, from Glitz Design.... So beautiful inside and outside... and so talented and sweet. They are like barbies who don't mind to get their hands inked. One of them could not be at the event because she just had a child. Congratulations...


This is Tim Holtz... I was impressed about how dedicated he is and how much he cared about everybody having the complete materials and understanding what he said. He's a pro... and very kind... I really loved his class and his personality...


Heidi Swapp is one of my favorites. I remember one of my first scrapbooking kits was hers. It was from Costco. I told her about it and she immediately remembered what was it. And she gave her class with such a great sense of what scrapbooking really is. I've always said I prefer to do scrapbooking about everyday situations, feelings, moments... and of course about birthdays and events, but it's so much more than that. I felt Heidi feels the same. That great feeling of being documenting something that might become a great memory in the future... or journaling about a feeling you don't want to forget.... Priceless...

Ashlee brought a project from DCWV... very nice... So sad we spent too much time cutting circles... :(.... But it was nice to meet her and learn more about DCWV. I love that brand. She asked about a name of one of the new collections.... I said Endless Summer and she said that was actually an old collection... But then... it's endless, you know what I'm saying? Never old!!! Bah... bad joke. I'm just hurt because I didn't win any giveaway... hahahahaha...


Donna is Donna... She's artistic, creative, happy, just herself... It feels you are her friend for years... And she has that unique personality everybody loves... and also unique talent.

Trisha had such great projects... Unfortunately I was in her first class and there were some time constraints, so I will email her to get the detailed instructions and get ready to finish the pages before I want to use the beautiful materials in some other way... hehehehe... She is a great teacher too... she explains details very well.



Well...hope you enjoyed the photos. Maybe I helped to put a face or impression to the names you sure have already heard before.

Were you at this activity? Can you tell me how you like it?
Have you been in any other similar conventions or classes around the World? Please share your experience here... I would love to hear from you...


3 comments:

Sonia said...

Hi, Hola Myra!!
Tal vez hasta nos pasamos por el lado, yo estuve en el Evento.
Yo tambien inclui en mi Blog un post sobre este tema.
Estas invitada a pasar cuando gustes.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Karin said...

Tremendo resumen del evento, pienso igual que tu en cada maestro. Igual creo que Heidi hizo un excelente trabajo para recordarnos el porqué hacemos scrapbook. Cuando habló de su perrito derramé muchas lágrimas pues en esos dias se celebraba el 6to mes de la muerte de mi Toby, que duro es perder un ser que uno ama tanto? Ese amor incondicional esa lealtad que nos da una mascota no se compara con nada. Anyway. Muchas chicas tienes muchos supplies, miles de papeles todas las herramientas habidas y por haber y no hacen NADA!
Me alegró haber compartido contigo aunque fuera por ratitos. Espero se repita.
Saludos

Frances said...

Hermosas fotos, gracias por mostrarlas, q pena que no te vi en el Evento, me hubiera gustado saludarte. Un abrazo, Frances.