Monday, January 7, 2013

Willow Sketchie Challenge

Hey... how's it going in 2013?  So far, so good?  Good for me...  healthy enough, got a job, a lovely husband, small but beloved family, a dog's love...  and scrapbooking friends... yeah!

A scrapbooker friend invited me to participate in a sketch challenge.  She designed the sketch!!!  She's very talented and is guest in so many blogs and activities...

Her name is Sonia and you can visit her blog HERE.

This is the sketch she created for Willow Sketchie Challenge:





So, we celebrated a local Holiday in Puerto Rico yesterday, it's the Three Kings' Day (to honor the 3 Wise Men who visited baby Jesus).  My husband and I agreed not to exchange presents since we will buy something for the house that will be a present for both... but we always get a little something from each other.  He gave me a new paper trimmer (which is very sophisticated and I will have to learn how to use) and I got him some sandals.

I used Sonia's sketch to make this card for him:


Pure pattern paper with card-stock and stamps, colored with watercolor pencils.  

I placed it in front of a plain gift bag for a different approach.


He liked it a lot...  Hope you do too.  Tks for stopping by.  Enjoy TODAY.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea I really like it. Thanks for joining in this week at Willow Sketchie.

Kerry DT

Sonia said...

You are very creative Myra.. I love you wonderful creation, nice idea.
Great JOB!
Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com