Friday, January 18, 2013

Two Cards for the FWF

So it's Friday again.  When this week started I was so tired just thinking all the work I had in the office... and I was so longing for Friday...  It's finally here!  And it felt sooner than I expected.

I also thought I was not going to be able to post for FWF this week but had the chance last night and even though I am going to bed kind of late, it was worth it.

I made two cards.  For the first one I used three Unity stamps.   The sentiment, the leaves and the flower.

The leaves were stamped three times... two directly on the base, and one separately and cut for dimension.


 The flower was stamped on red cardstock and then I used Glossy Accents and glitter for a really special touch.


I stressed the border and inked the white cardstock to go on top of black cardstock.

I also made another one with embossed and painted background.  I used Distress Stain for this one.  Then stamped the sentiment and added some baker's twine.  The two coupons are also stamped and cut images, in which I also stamped other two messages and applied powder that was heat embossed. I used five Unity stamps in total for this card.


I promise both the flower and the coupons have nice finishing effects that are not really appreciated in the photos... but if you are a scrapbooker, you've got the idea...


I'm linking this to Unity's FWF so don't forget to leave a comment for the opportunity to win great stamps such as the one I used for these cards.

Have a great weekend.

(As a separate note...my husband and I celebrated 15 years of marriage yesterday... pretty awesome, right?  Come back this weekend to see the card I made for the occasion.)




26 comments:

Laura Figueroa Colon said...

Las dos tarjetas estan preciosas. Mi preferida es Loving you. El efecto del glossy accent super chulo

Beth M said...

Nice cards. Thanks for sharing!

Chris Dring said...

Very pretty cards! I love the technique you used with the glossy accents! Congrats on 15 years of wedded bliss and here's to many more!

Meredith said...

Aww, happy anniversary! Your cards are lovely!

Julie Odil said...

Congrats on 15 years together! I like both your cards!

Angeline Choo said...

Happy anniversary Myra! Yup I'm sure the cards are pretty. Love the technique

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Both cards are beautiful!! Happy Anniversary, 15 years is a long time !!

Ruby said...

Both cards are pretty.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

really pretty! I like how different they are :-)

Diana Fernandez said...

Wow super cute cards! I love how you made that flower!

Corrie said...

Great cards I love the tickets

Scrappin' Diva said...

Congrats on 15 years together! Great cards!

Becky Sorensen said...

Happy Anniversary. And the cards are both awesome.

Gwen said...

Great <3 cards! And Happy Anniversary!

SherylK said...

Cute cards. I love the ticket stamps. I am in the process of creating cards with those :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great cards. I think the hugs and kisses tickets are adorable.

Kary said...

Happy Anniversary, Myra!! Both your cards are so sweet. Love those tickets ;)

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE the tags!

JPScraps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JPScraps said...

Awesome cards! Happy Anniversary!!

JPScraps said...

Awesome cards! Happy Anniversary!!

jennifer mitten said...

Adorable cards!

Amber Sheaves said...

Great cards. Happy Anniversary!

Crystal said...

Wonderful cards and a very Happy Anniversary to you both!

Jen M said...

Happy anniversary! Those ticket stamps are so sweet!

Sue D said...

Both cards are wonderful and happy anniversary.