Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer is...

What does Summer mean to me?

When you live in a tropical Island you don't really feel that much difference between seasons, except a little less or more heat.

For some people Summer means less to do with children's homework, vacations, beach, being home from college break, or have a temporary work... Maybe Summer is special for a father who will finally see a son or daughter who lives away from him...  Or maybe Summer is a memory of love for some people.  The thing is that Summer is always perceived as fun!  It usually is.

I like to relax during Summer days...  Have some refreshment, enjoy nature, just be there with the loved ones.  I confess I do not enjoy hot weather as much as others, but I try... :)

My husband had this idea about a month ago or so, to go to a lake we have in our neighborhood and sit there with our fur-son and have fun... and we did.


I titled the page "picnic" using some chipboard letters, and used some little word stickers to support.

For other emphasized words I used several Unity stamps to communicate the feeling...


These are stamps from different Unity kits but I mixed them up.



Here's the whole page featuring my lovely dog, Malbec, in the main photo.



I hope you liked my Summer page.

Whatever it is Summer means... it's a blessing to have the opportunity to live a Summer.

What does Summer mean to you?

5 comments:

JAY ROSA said...

Fascinante, ustedes dos son tan especiales para con Malbec que es digno de admirar. Hermosa página y me gustó la combinación de colores Las fotos valen un millón.

Nilsa said...

me encantaria conocer a Malbec en persona!! se ve un perro tan chulo...el picnic esta super y el LO me gusto mucho...se ve masculino pero con toques femeninos...

Sonia said...

Hace tiempo que no hago un picnic con mi esposo.. si salimos por ejemplo los viernes para el "RELAX" de fin de semana.
Tu perro se parece (tiene los mismos colores) al de nosotros, claro el de nosotros es un "Royal Sato" jaja! asi dice mi esposo.
Me gustaron los colores que usaste para el layout. Bonita página, te felicito!

Julia said...

preciosa la pagina...la idea del picnic me encanto siempre lo hago con mi sobrina.Y nunca saco fotos q mal...
Julia♥

Myrna Marcano said...

Gracias amiguita por esta belleza y novedosa obra de arte.
Me gustan mucho los detalles y sentinientos.
Un fuerte abrazo, Myrna