Friday, May 25, 2012

She's Somebody's Hero!

Happy Friday everybody!

A great day to share projects, thoughts and friendship...

Remember my mom was hospitalized recently? You need to know my mom and I love each other very much but I admit we have lots of differences... nothing too serious... but things about decision making, personality... blah blah blah...  Anyway, sometimes it hurts... :(   but sometimes it's great to realize how blessed I am to have her in my life.  We are not perfect and don't have a perfect relationship at all, but we have each other.



When she was hospitalized about two weeks ago, I was very worried because she's very stubborn and she doesn't really take too much care of herself.   I felt I had to repeat her so many times to do this and that... that at some point I just said to myself and God:  "let's just go with her flow...".

Long story short...she's already fine and she was on time to be home on Mother's Day...  Oh my God!  I was relieved.

So I made this layout about that day...to celebrate her and to remember that feeling of she being back.


I enlarged a photo of her and just embellished the page with flowers and delicate ornaments to reflect the feeling of Mother's Day and softness of the moment.  Tried to balance the page with some asymmetry and provided some room for hidden journaling (it's hidden; you won't see it, hehehe!).



I stamped this lamp in the paper I used as base for the layout, and also in another designer's paper and cut the top to place on top.  Why a lamp?  It goes perfectly with the message I stamped as journaling... keep reading.



This message is ridiculously powerful... don't you think?  I always say, us, humans need sweet and sour together, in order to value what we have (or don't have).  So this Mother's Day was beyond special because two days earlier my mom was at the hospital.  How ironic, huh?


I also used a page of an old dictionary showing the definition of "mother".



Patterned paper, stickers and chipboard elements are from Basic Gray; more patterned paper from DCWV; cardstock from AC; dollies from Paper Lace; journaling card from Fancy Pants; shaped border from K&Co.;  letters from Thickers; stamps from Unity Stamp Co; inks:  Staz-On and Color Box.


How blessed are you?  How much do you need the darkness to feel the light as magical?  Tell me about it...  thanks for your comments.

Have a great Friday... my favorite day... and have a great weekend.




23 comments:

Kary said...

Hi Myra, this is a beautiful page of your mum!! Love the colours and design and the stamp and sentiment go so well with it.
I totally understand what you shared,cos my mum and I have different personalities, yet she's mum. And, because of her illness we are much closer than ever before. Take care, and enjoy the times with your mum.

Maga said...

Nena bien delicado, me gusto mucho!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous layout!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful post and a beautiful layout!!!! I am so happy that you are cherishing these moments with your mom :) this August will be my mom's 5th anniversary in Heaven and I miss her like crazy every day. Your post really touched my heart. Thank you for sharing!

Myrna Marcano said...

Hermoso layout ! Decoracion y colores preciosos. La descripcion de los detalles me encanto.
Gracias por compartir.
Abrazos, Myrna

Julia said...

Me encanto la pagina realmente conmovedora la historia...
Julia♥

Eva said...

Gorgeous layout!

Ruby said...

Lovely layout.

Julie Odil said...

Thank you, Myra, for your wonderful tribute to your mom, & for sharing such insight with your readers. We are blessed in many ways!

Mirta Sanchez said...

Myra, I love this sentiment! I believe there is as much darkness as there is light IN each of us. YES, the dark times make the light brighter and reveals our strength AND weaknesses so we can learn from our suffering.
LOVE the question, love the layout! Happy Friday!

Linda said...

This very pretty porjoct I love the colors!

Unknown said...

This is just lovely. I love the beauty behind your layout - the sentiment - the lamp - the photo - the story! Everything about this is perfect! Well done!! Thanks for joining us at SEM :)

Toni K said...

Simply Beautiful! Very sweet for your mom!

JPScraps said...

The layout is beautiful! I miss my mom every day.

Emily Keaton said...

A truly beautiful layout! I love all those Unity touches you incorporated. :)

Lisa H said...

Myra this is a wonderful layout and what a blessing that your mom was fine and able to be home in time for Mother's Day. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Be sure to stop by on the 31st for the start of our birthday festivities!

Marcie Sharp said...

Lovely layout! Something you can look at and remember for when you and your mom have difficulties- how you felt when she was better!

Gwen said...

Great layout and super post! Thanks for sharing your heart, you are so right that many times we don't see the blessing until we really stop to look for it!

Crystal said...

What a beautiful page to document your special relationship with your mother!

Sonia said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Myra!~
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Sherri said...

What a lovely layout. Thank you for sharing a bit of the history between you and your mom. It really is nice to hear you still recognize the blessing of having her in your life despite your differences. Thanks for joining us at SEM once again Myra.

Cara G said...

Great job on this challenge Myra! I love your sweet story about your mom and I love your pretty page too! Thanks so much for joining us at SEM again this month!

Nicole Brenna said...

Myra I think I have said this now a bunch of times but you are SSOOOOOO talented! I just love the layout you create. I have been so looking forward to seeing what you would create! I hope you join us over at SEM for this months challenge too!