Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flowers for the last day of May!

Flowers and flowers and flowers...

I've been making some flowers for a SWAP and I wanted to share them with you...


This is how I made them...

Cut scalloped squares and scored in the center twice.


Then with scissors cut each line from outside to center without cutting completely.




Bent each quarter of the square in the back as shown below.


And then used three of them and glued to a base to have the final flower, which was embellished in the center with a button or brad.


I made a few ... I am ready for the SWAP.



Now, I just found out SEM is having several challenges because of the celebration of the blog's birthday.  One of them is to make a layout using flowers and I thought to myself:  "great opportunity to use one of my flowers".

So I made this layout.

The photo is from our last year's anniversary.


I think the color of this flower went perfect with my photo and papers.  Dont' you think?


I have some hidden journaling too.


And I hope you enjoyed stopping by...  Leave me a comment and let me know.




12 comments:

CarlyJo said...

Oh I love these and want to make some from my left over scraps. What size is your square that you used and abouts how big is the finished size?

I know that the size varies with the square size but I was just wondering where you started, I may want mine smaller so I can bundle them :)

I hope you have a moment to get back to me, I would love to know about these :)

Scrapper Myra said...

Carly. Tks for the interest. It's about 2.5". I used a regular scaloped square punch. But you are right; it can be made of any size. For your perdpective, this layout is an 8"x8" page. I hope this helped.

CarlyJo said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me some details. I was unaware that it was a 8x8 page but knowing that makes the squares much smaller than if it was compaired to the 12x12. I will be making some of these tomorrow, I really love the way they look and I am all for making my own flowers! Love how you can make them the exact colors, size and shape needed. Again thank you!

Kary said...

Myra, this is a Beautiful layout, and your paper flowers look Amazing!! Thanks for sharing how to make it.

Rosita said...

Hermosisimas.... me encantaron y gracias por la explicacion de como crear las mias.... y el LO' esta fabuloso....

Gracias por compartirlo...

Yani said...

Que linda idea y todo muy bien explicado! Gracias por compartir!! xoxo

Lisa H said...

awesome flowers! Thanks for doing one of our SEM birthday challenges! I hope you are having fun with all that is going on there. =)

Jeannine said...

Myra, your page is so cute!! I absolutely adore the flowers!! Thank you so much for sharing instructions for making them. I will definitely be trying these. I really enjoy making my own embellishments so anytime I can find something (especially if it's easy) to make, I make them. I'm so glad you played along with us over on SEM!!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

absolutely gorgeous and oh so creative! thank you for inspiring!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous page!! lovely flower!
Thanks for the tuto. Hugs!

Myrna Marcano said...

Fantástico! Me encanto.
Gracias por compartir tu talento.
Abrazos, Myrna

Sonia said...

Totally Gorgeous! GREAT JOB!~
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60