Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Card with a Sketch

 Hey there!

Mother's Day is coming and I haven't done any cards or thought about any gifts... OMG!  This is what I've said to myself all these days when arriving home from work!  

So, today, I decided to at least cut some papers to feed the need for the hobby!!! 

I'm not very used to sketches, but I saw this one from Scrapping Everyday Miracles and I thought I could use it for a card.  You can see the sketch I'm talking about HERE.

And this is the card...


I used patterned papers from DCWV and chipboard letters from EK Success.  I distressed the circle background and inked with Color Box ink.




The flowers are from Portafolia and the pearls from "e."brand.



The sentiment stamp is from a "Spanish Memories".

I think it's kind of cool I used the sketch for a card instead of a Layout.   You know I love to be imperfect!!!   I usually don't use sketches because I don't usually follow the rules (at least when talking about scrapbooking), but I've found great inspirations on them lately.



Let me share some other quick cards I also made tonight before I'm gone to bed...





This is the inside of the card:



Have a good night, day, and rest of the week.  Don't forget to leave me your comment. 


7 comments:

Sonia said...

Super Hermosa Tarjeta para el dia de las Madres... GREAT JOB!
Quick Cards you done are very pretty, love the little show inside the card! GREAT JOB! Thanks for your inspiration.
-Sony

Lisa H said...

I think the sketch made a great card! Your mom will love it. =) Thanks for joining in the challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Jeannine said...

Wow, that's a card?? It looks like a layout to me. You put a lot of work into that card. Your mom will love it!! Thank you for joining us in our sketch challenge on SEM!

antenucci said...

Wonderful cards! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

Sherri said...

Thanks for joining us at SEM for the sketch challenge Myra!

Unknown said...

What a great idea to use this sketch for a card :) Love your card!

Nicole Brenna said...

Love love love the card! What a great idea... I love that you used the sketch for the card! Just in case you didnt know we have a facebook group called Scrapping Everyday Miracles Chit Chat ... we would love to have you join in the fun... we just talk about all things scrappy, our lives and our faith. Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/groups/200817343359030/