Sunday, August 2, 2020

Since the Lock Down started...

Hello dear friends. I hope you are all fine and healthy.  We are living a historical pandemia and this is definitely something we will continue telling others for years to come, and remembering as a very special life event.

Well... In my beautiful Puerto Rico the lockdown and social restrictions started on March 16, 2020.  Since then, I hadn't posted anything in my blog.  It's no coincidence.  I really haven't dedicated much time to the hobby, but it's not that I haven't made any projects.  I have actually been working all the time and am one of the lucky ones to have a job.  I know the blog is not as "in" as it is social media (Facebook and Instagram), which are platforms that allow for more immediate sharing; but I'd like to continue "feeding" the blog so we have this one place to see all my creations and remember.  It's a top documenting tool and I am glad it is still available.

So I've made some projects during this time we have been in lock down and I just wanted to show some of them here... even though you have probably seen the in social media :).



This composition was made in a shadow box to remember one highlight event during a trip to Italy on 2018.  Love this visit to Guizzo, and really enjoyed the time with the family.  They gave me all the colors caps they have used so far, so I placed them along with the picture as a memorabilia tribute.



This card was made combining several stamps and I tried to show a girl blooming... I later gave to a coworker on her birthday.  She really is a blooming girl.


During this time, I also shared this page from a traveling journaling book.


I made this card with Covid theme... just for fun.


And for Mother's Day I made several cards with same CAS style, using embossing, stamps and watercoloring.


Another project I made during this time, was this page about me and my brother when we were little.  I don't remember my three years in New York but I sure treasure all the pictures.  Mom always said she we had a very hard time, and I wish I'd remember.


This is an ATC I made for a show and tell group and I later gave it to a coworker friend who loves Panda bears.  :)  She loved it.


This card was for another coworker leaving our company for another job.  We will miss her so.  This was very interesting because when I was making the card I was thinking... what are some of the things she likes so I can make a card she loves????   And I thought ... pizza... decorations... party planning... maybe makeup...  But then I thought to myself... Let's use these cute stamps with succulents... maybe she likes succulents.  Well, long story short... she loved succulents.  Voila!



Then I made this little project with some sparkling wines and champagne caps.  I still have a lot more of different colors... It just happened I used only a few of the gold and black ones for this project.  Tasting the stars was the first impression about champagne, from the man who discovered it... and I agree it is like tasting the stars.  


Another card for a co-worker... I think I am making lots of cards for my coworkers..LOL!  This is a special one.  This girl loves elephants.  Her name is Patricia but we call her PatG to distinguish from another Pat... LOL!   She wasn't at the office on her birthday but we left the card in her desk and she discovered it like a week later... LOL!  She loved it.


This another card just for fun...   It kind of make me thing of all the strong girls and ladies I know... and since she's a mermaid I specially think about my niece. :)  She is a mermaid.


Another coworker's card...   This time my boss.  Made this card with these beautiful new stamps.  I love making it... love this wooden look, and the best part was the watercoloring and the fussy cut.  


Finally, and enough for this long post...   This card I had made for a magazine that paused printing during this time of pandemic lock down.  The card was not actually chosen... I think it could have a good chance.  But the best part is that I really loved making it.  Giving wings to this girl was an awesome feeling... and the background with different inks and distressing...  really liked how it turned out.  Hope you like it too.


Thank you for stopping by.  If you like, leave a comment.  I would like to maintain this blog alive.   Help me a little if you want.  Hope you liked my projects, and found some inspiration.  Keep safe and follow the social distancing rules... They are for our own good.  Don't be stubborn... Be supportive.


See you in our next post.

No comments: