Saturday, January 25, 2020

Secret Santa.... In January?

Hi to all...

Hope you had a great week.  And hope you have visited all my 5 posts related to Growing in Unity from Unity Stamp Co...   If you haven't, you still have a chance.  Go to my previous 5 posts, take a look, get inspired, like, dislike... and comment.  By leaving comments in all posts, you will have a chance to participate to win great stamps from Unity.

I want to share this unconventional or nontraditional card I made for my Secret Santa.  Yes, I know!!! Secret Santa and we are almost at the end of January.  Well, we had to change the exchange date several times at work and we finally did yesterday.


So I made this box with cardstock and embellished with papers.  The card itself is in the box.


When you open the box, the message is meant to be in the back of the lid (this photo was taken before I wrote the message), and then you have to lift the card.



Notice the "cover" of the card is about Christmas, but then when you continue pulling, you start to see other messages from other Holidays too.  





Mother's Day, Anniversary...



Birthday, or just a Happy Hello...


At the end it was just a Happy Day greeting.



I made this because I really was confused if I should give her a Christmas card given the fact we were way behind the schedule... so I had fun adding other holiday greetings.  I meant my best wishes no matter what we were celebrating ... LOL!

Hope you like it.





4 comments:

Dorothy Green said...

That is pretty fun! I like the pleated flower that matches your paper and the card that has a greeting for all celebrations!😊

Linda Vigil said...

So fun!! Love your use of color! Thanks so much for sharing!

Karren Grayson said...

I enjoyed this 'card' it is fun. I too, like the pleated flower on top of the box. This would be a fun way to spell out Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday or whatever.

EM said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful cards