Monday, December 1, 2014

Stencils, anyone?

Hello friends... and welcome December!

I've been using some stencils lately... but I don't really have that many.  I've started to make my own and to acquire some from time to time.  I remember these used to be "in" a while ago... several years... and now they are back with lots of different new and inspiring shapes and ideas...  Specially for mixed media, these are so "in".  Well... welcome back stencils.

I used this one from Latina Crafter recently and it seems I can't let it go.  For this little card I was really playing to see how I can achieve some depth between the modeling paste "bricks" but it really ended up being something else... you know how it is.  First, I loved it without any coloring ... just the modeling paste and then decided to just write some black lines here and there and apply some "dirt" (well, some ink) without really coloring it.  It's just different... and I liked it.   It really provides a nice and different background.


Used some scraps I had left from a class I was designing the other day; just had these two layers of poinsettia and they were perfect for this little one.  Also used a bitty button from Latina Crafter and some sequins.


Well.. it seems like I have another Christmas card made... woohoo!  Have a long way to go yet...LOL!
Hope you liked it...

1 comment:

Ledia..... said...

que linda tarjetita!!!!
me encanta como luce la flor de pascua y el efecto de los ladrillitos esta genial!!!!

salÜditos...!