Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oh yes... it's been a while!

It has certainly been a while since my last post...  and it was a scheduled one.  I was on vacation, remember?  And then I was on a business trip (I know... another one)... and then on vacation again (just a couple of days to complete the accumulative days of this year).  So... the truth is I haven't been able to do scrapbooking for more than a month.  Can you believe it?  It's pathetic!  I'm in a lot of stress.  I really need this hobby...  This has served to face the problem... I'm addicted to scrapbooking.

Anyway, I hope to be back on track soon... but since this is Thanksgiving week, I'm not sure I will be posting as often as I'd wish. 

Let me tell you a little bit about my vacations.  I visited Spain.  A wine focused trip to visit La Rioja and Ribera del Duero, with a bit of Barcelona and Madrid!  This has been my first visit to the Old World, and I loved it.  As part of the trip I also visited some other smaller towns/cities such as Girona, Figueres, La Guardia, Peñafiel, Logroño, Haro, Toledo, and more...

I visited lots of wineries and had the opportunity to learn a lot.  Wineries I visited are Marqués de Riscal, Roda, Muga, Rioja Alta S.A., Luis Cañas, Sierra Cantabria, Baigorri, El Fabulista, Tinto Pesquera, Arzuaga Navarro, Protos, Alión, Vega Sicilia, Valduero and Emilio Moro.

So I won't bother you with my stories, but let me share some of my favorite photos from this trip... 

La Pedrera in Barcelona, one of the master pieces from Gaudi, the Arquitect of God.

The first "montaditos" we ate in Barcelona... then we ate a lot day after day... I could do that everyday. A little bit of anything on top of bread and some red wine on the side... Divine!

The next two photos are also from La Pedrera.


Inside Salvador Dalí's museum in Figueres... We saw paintings and sculptures we only have seen in books... Some of them were a lot larger than we expected... It was great to see my husband's face... He's a fan.

At Marqués de Riscal, and its monumental modern hotel on the back.


After taking out the delicious juice to be fermented, this is what it's left...

At Tinto Pesquera... Salud!


I swear these grapes were in the ground... Actually, they have already taken the fruit so these were not part of the 2012 harvest.  This is in Arzuaga Navarro.


Oh! Vega Sicilia... I loved this tour!  The best explanation... and we felt so special.  And fabulous wines we tasted... 

And look at the views..  Autumn colors at their best...  It was cold but I loved it.  I don't get to see these in the tropic.

San Miguel Market in Madrid offers you a lot of yummy things...

This is us...

Toledo is a nice medieval city.

Plaza Mayor in Madrid...



Thanks for stopping by...  and tks for your comments.  Don't get too used to me being inactive... I'll be back soon.  Cheers!





No comments: