Monday, September 17, 2012

Color My Week!

Hello there my friends.
This is such a crazy life... We have to do so many things that keep us busy and give us a lot of stress!!!  But it's fun, isn't it?  What if we didn't have much to do?  We'd probably be complaining as well...  So I decided this week is going to be great!  I decided to color my week with hope, optimism and love...  Attitude is everything and I think this one will help me to get to Friday sooner...:)
How about you?

I know a very talented lady called Jessica and since day one I've seen her work, I've told her she's extraterrestrial.  She really is... it's like she touches any paper and makes it beautiful.  Seriously, she has such a particular style you just have to love.  So, Jessica has her own blog you can access clicking her name at the beginning of this paragraph, but now she is also part of a new wonderful blog called The Creative Paper Trade.  It's so cool... Ladies here are so talented that I feel this blog will be famous pretty soon.  I'm already a follower.

And they have a challenge going on.

You have to make a project with these colors.  And I wish I had time to participate in all challenges I like... but I don't... this means getting to bed very late and get very tired during the week... but isn't this color combination great?  So I had to participate!


I made a card using some twine, border punch, stamps, chalk ink, patterned paper, brads, glossy accents, bling and card-stock.  


I tried to be as faithful as possible to the color combo proposed in the challenge... And this is what I came up with...

The bird is part of the patterned paper... I just added glossy accents and a bling (eye) to make it stand out.


Here's and enhanced photo.  Colors look stronger because of the contrast so you can notice the depth and layers.


Hope you like my Monday project... and that it was worth it to lose some sleep... hahahahaha...  Thanks for your comments.  I love them all.

See you soon.

7 comments:

Geri said...

So happy you've joined us, Myra!!! And yes, Jessica is a talented gal...I'll agree! Just so you know, I didn't need an enhanced photo to appreciate the soft pretty layers you have going here...so lovely just as they are! Love the little birdie and that sweet sentiment, too!! Thanks again for joining in on our first challenge, and for adding to the inspiration!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for joining our very first challenge at CPT! Your card is absolutely amazing...especially with that sentiment and all of those layers. Thank you again for playing along!

Yani said...

Que linda te quedo!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Pure sweetness Myra! Love this sentiment and the way you've tucked it in behind your lacey punched border.Thanks so much for joining us in our 1st CPT color challenge!

Unknown said...

Amiguita te quedo hermosa!! Y la frase esta bella, mega inspiradora. Suerte en el sorteo!! Un abrazo ;)

Sonia said...

Bella creation Myra, te felicito!
Great JOB!
-Sony

JESSICA said...

Edel!!! Soy yo...tu amiga extraterrestre, jajaja! Gracias por lo que has escrito de mí...es increíble lo que esta pasión por los papeles puede brindar, sobre todo el compartir y la amistad! Me encantan todos los detalles de tu tarjeta, especialmente la frase y los 'layers'! Gracias por participar en nuestro primer reto de CPT!!! :) Y espero que puedas acompañarnos en los próximos, eres muy creativa y estoy segura que vamos a disfrutar tus trabajos!!!