Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank You.... and a tag!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Don't forget to thank God for the little things... those who might pass without notice... like being able to see, walk, and smell... Thank you God for the wind... when I feel it I know I am alive... and it's cool in this tropic too.... And how we are able to express our feelings... we can talk, touch and just listen... Not only thanks for the materials things, which we appreciate a lot, but also for the emotional things that only each one of us feel inside...

So cool...

And I made this tag for a SWAP with the Thank You and Thanksgiving theme... and wanted to share how it was made...


I used some of the patterned paper from a free digital kit (Fall Digital Kit by Summer Driggs). Remember to always be true using these free kits from internet only for personal use.

So I printed some of the images and cut strips of about 1" x 9"...

I scored on each 1/4" to be able to have this fan effect...


Then glued at the ends...


When dried, assembled to simulate the flower and...

... attached to a cardstock circle as base...


I placed a button in the center and placed the flower in another shape behind to create layers.

I also stamped the words "Thank You" in a strip, which I scored to stand out the message... and added some bling bling...



The tag shape was cut from a cricut cartridge... and the leaves were stamped in patterned paper and then cut to add some interest and finish the illusion of the "flower".


I used more of the digital patterned paper to add a nice border at the bottom.



I hope you liked my tags... and I specially hope the SWAP gals could find use for them... I can see them in a layout about being thankful... or about a person you thank God for... or maybe use it with a gift for someone you like as a token of appreciation...

(cardstock: Bazzill, AC; stamps: Martha Stweart, Inkadinkado; patterned papers: Basic Grey, Summer Driggs; ink: Color Box; bling: Reflections; others: Calligraphy Collection cricut cartridge, Scotch adhesives, Spellbinders, Cuttlebug, buttons)


No comments: