Monday, May 29, 2017

Getting Ready for Father's Day

I hadn't done any Father's Day cards yet.  This is my first one. 

Sometimes it is difficult to make a masculine card because too many embellishments not suitable for the theme can be dangerous. LOL. At least that's how I feel.  The simpler the better when talking about male cards... but I just cannot avoid to add some elements or touches... and that can be also achieved with simplicity. 


For this card I watercolored my own imperfect background.  The least uniformity, the better. I stamped the wood image and applied embossing powder, the heated and ended up with great texture.  Oh, I wish you could see the real texture. I darkened the photo a bit to make it more visible to appreciate. 


I used a combination of corrugated cardboard, spray paint, threads, eyelets and more...  for the final composition... guess the card resulted very masculine after all... Hope so. 


Have a great week. 




#winecheeseandscrapbooking #scrappermyra #scrapbooking #stamping #create #handmade #hechoamano #cardmaking #watercolor #fathersday #unitystampco #fathersdaycards #masculinecards #papercraft




No comments: