Monday, February 20, 2017

A dark sad layout...

I miss my dog son everyday.   We lost him almost a year ago. My heart is broken every time I talk about him and remember all the details about his great personality and all the love he gave us.  We were lucky to have the best dog as a son. 

I was wanting to make a layout about this feeling but sadness overcame. I finally made this page and tried to transmit the feeling. I feel I am hurting and I feel very sad, so the black and red coloring on different elements over a gray textured cardstock is on purpose.  The burning sensation I feel inside is hopefully communicated through these colors and the burnt look. 


I framed the photo with texture and lots of elements to communicate how full my life was when he was among us.   I included a sticker that says "furry friend" but I put an X on the "friend" word and substituted by "son". 


I also stamped a sentiment several times. It says "missing you everyday". 


I placed the burlap and corrugated paper with mod podge and used stencils with paints and sprays. I enjoyed the process and have to admit it was kind of a relief to make this page.  But I also cried a lot.  I am fine. This is just part of the process and creating is always a good way to feel better. 


Hope you like it. 

#scrappermyra #winecheeseandscrapbooking #UnityStampCo  #painting #doglove #MixedMedia #scrapbooking #manualidades #hechoamano #handmade #papercraft #dogson #art #missingyou

No comments: