Sunday, April 7, 2013

Scraplift

 Hey my friends and followers...  Hope you are having a blessed Sunday!

I had this layout finished and wanted to share it with you.  It's a scraplift from Scrapper's Place, which is a local store lead by Rebecca.  Her work is beautiful and she has a style that everybody loves.  
I usually don't scraplift too perfectly ... I always need to change a bit in most of inspirational layouts to make them "mine"... but this one I tried to be as faithful as possible because it had elements I would definitely use in my own layouts, and techniques I love.  

You can visit Scrapper's Place blog HERE.

Here are some of the elements I loved about this page.

The Flowers

They look beautiful and delicate all placed together framing the photo.  The spirals were pre-cut by Rebecca for the class and I just had to assemble the flowers.  I loved the process and enjoyed it a lot.  One of the things I love is to make my own embellishments or modify the already made ones.


The Banners

I love to use banners and support journalism with these kind of elements that embellish and also communicate or symbolize something.  I pretty much kept with Rebecca's design.  Just added an additional one to show a date.





The use of paper

I love to use papers at their whole capacity... and this means I don't trow away the pieces. This is not necessarily a good thing because I end up with lots of scrap accumulated... and I'm trying to improve that...  But when it comes to papers with designs, texture, messages... I try to use it all.  Rebecca achieved this with these papers in this layout!!!


Inking and Distressing

I love to ink it all.  I sometimes try to not ink my projects and I just end up with so much stress because I feel something is missing... LOL...  So I go with the flow.  With Rebecca's layout this was easy to do because she really rocked with the distressing and inking in this page.

Another change in my layout version is that I added a journaling just below my photo.



The Versatility

I love that this layout can be dedicated to a daughter (as original Rebecca's page), or just to someone else, (probably more suitable for a girl)...   I decided to dedicate it to myself.  I have lots of random photos of me, and thought I had a good one for this layout.  


The Non-Title Inspiration

Rebecca did not titled the original layout for the class.  She did use some phrases around the page that communicated very well but left the opportunity of the title for each one of the scrap-lifters.
I added my title and love the result.


The Whole Look

It's a beautiful layout.  Colors and technique are very inspiring.  It's one of those pages you feel have a lot going on, but they look so uniform that they flow, right?

Hope you liked it.  I'm glad I chose to take this class with Rebecca.


Tks for your comments.





4 comments:

Laura Figueroa Colon said...

Super lindo. Me gusto mucho la "degradacion" de los circulos abajo.

Julia said...

Preciosa la página...!!!!

JAY ROSA said...

Hermosa!

Rebeca said...

Hola Edelmira!

Gracias por todos tus comentarios, me hiciste poner rojita, jajaja. Te quedó hermosa! Fue un placer tenerte en la clase y saber que la disfrutaste. Abrazos@