Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Pink Monkey Card



It's been a busy week!!! I haven't dedicated time to scrapbooking hobby these days except for today... I have so many things to do that I challenged myself to make a baby card in less than 30 minutes and share it with you today. So, I tried to use as many "ready to use" materials without losing the handmade touch.


I used cardstock from scraps, combining pastel (cloudy look) and bright contrast colors. I painted pastel pink cardstock's edges with Color Box ink. The message was already printed in a vellum phrase from Jo-Ann Craft Essentials and I adhered it with brads. I used Autumm Leaves stamp for the monkey and painted it with watercolor pencils from Kimberly. The card base and envelope are from Gardner.


I also had time to stamp another animal inside the card for a final touch. I hope you like it. I'm going to give it to a coworker next Monday at her surprise baby shower at the office.

3 comments:

Julia said...

Muy bonita la postal del monito!!!
Julia♥

JAY ROSA said...

Acha...te quedo bien chulita. Tegno unos cuantos sellos de animalitos y no he hecho nada con ellos. Asi que gracias por el recordatorio. Disfruta tu fin de semana y espero que todo siga mejorando.

Marilyn said...

Lovely card!!! love the monkey!