Saturday, March 17, 2012

SFO Layouts

And there was a time all I made was layouts... and now it's different... so many projects and different things (cards, party favors, special requests... blah blah blah)....

So I recently met with friends and did some layouts... finally... wooo hooo!

Here are two of them...



You know I like to document things in layouts in kind of weird ways... When we were in San Francisco we took these pictures of us drinking sangria in a restaurant called Cha,Cha,Cha... and it's just our chest, hand and glass...

I remember when we visited this restaurant, which I had read about it, we were on our way to Napa Valley (from San Francisco)... so we were with all our bags and ready to leave San Francisco behind and go to Napa. We had planed to go to this restaurant for lunch, then stop in Sausalito, go to the Muir Woods National Park, and arrive to Napa at night...

So when I saw this paper from DCWV Mainstreet Stack, that my friend Mineluz had given me at Christmas... I immediately thought it could be nice for this layout since it has these bags or trunks printed in a corner...


Then, the look of the patterned paper reminded me the colorful place and the nice time we had there...

Without saying too much, I tried to compose a page that would remind me of the moment... feeling like a real tourist with lot of things planed for the day... Loved it...



Then I also made this other layout about Lombard street. Have you heard about this curvy street in San Francisco?


I have several pictures taken of this street, but the one I like is this with my husband enjoying the moment... and the flow of people around the touristic spot ... It's the real movement of the place... people taking pictures, going up the street and down for more, taking videos, crossing, the cars very carefully because there's people like me in the middle of the intersection trying to take a good photo...


I made the page simple, also taking advantage of the patterned paper from same Mainstreet Stack.

There is a street sign in the page, so I rubbed on the name of the famous street so I did not have to include it in the title...




I cut the pole on the sides to let a patterned paper strip slide behind. I also liked the handwriting journaling and the handmade embellishment (which I also made a similar one for another layout of Las Vegas)... to make it special.

So I felt good doing these layouts... Relived the moments, enjoyed the blessing of having the opportunity to be there at that moment...

This is one of the reasons I love scrapbooking...

Thanks for your comments... :)


5 comments:

Analia Cristina said...

Beautiful works!!!

Unknown said...

Super chulos!! El de Lombard me encanta. Tengo cuchumil fotos de San Francisco esperando que algun dia las poonga en un marco alterado. Gracias por compartir ;)

Maga said...

Bien coloridos y lindos. Que buenos recuerdos...

Unknown said...

super Edel!

Gladys Arenas Franco said...

Amiguita, todos los trabajos bellos!!!