Monday, March 21, 2022

2022 GROWING IN UNITY - POST #1 -Trust the Timing of Your Life


Hello my dear friends.

It has really been a while since I last posted something in this blog. I actually thought I was not going to publish anything else in this platform since social media ones are really more popular these days.  Also, this huge Pandemic giving us lessons and making us stronger with great experiences, had something to do with it.  Who has not been touched by Covid-19 somehow?  Even if you are one like me, who fortunately has not gotten the virus, it sure has changed our way of life. (I don't see myself not wearing a mask in an airplane for the rest of my life, or not disinfecting items shopped.)

Anyhow, this week is very important, because I am the Growing in Unity person to share some projects with you and giving you the opportunity to win one of two certificates from Unity Stamp Company.   All you have to do is leave a comment in my posts that I will be sharing from Monday to Friday, and I will enjoy them all... That's it.  It's 5 posts in total.

I will be posting here as the main source, but make sure to visit Scrapper Myra's Facebook page and leave a comment as well, and if you want to even get more chances, and also view a quick fun fast forward video of the project, visit Instagram page as well.

My intention with the projects I created for this week is to remind myself, ourselves, and everybody, how vulnerable we are, how imperfect life is (and that's ok), and how we should embrace our journey, trust our timings, love ourselves, and just live.   This couldn't be more needed because I've been through so many challenges in the last months, and I've been doubting about myself sometimes. Lucky me to have myself to remind me I can do it, I am worth it, I am enough, and I should be proud.
I made cards using CAS style mostly, and of course knowing that imperfection is key.  You will see running ink, imperfect coloring, mess and mess...  that's me.

This very first day, I am sharing this card.  I used 2 stamps I've got from a grab bag... so you know Unity Stamp's grab bags are not about unwanted or  little stamps.

I stamped main image in white cardstock, colored with mixed media gel sticks from Kingart. Framed it with purple cardstock in the card base.  Stamped the sentiment in vellum (hard to dry... I know), and added a strip to the card.  For final touch added sequins and pearl dots using a Perlen-Pen.

The message of the card, and the first message of our week...  Trust the Timing of your life.  Sometimes we plan a sequence of events or happenings for us.  We even get mad if some of them occur later or sooner than expected... but you know what?  Enjoy the present... enjoy the journey, and trust.... don't forget to be imperfect and do your best.  



Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment.  
 

25 comments:

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

Super sweet card! ❤ it!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

First....love the blog name! Second....love the card! I, too, am a CAS cardmaker! Looking forward to the rest of your week! have fun!

Kim Chastain said...

One of my favorite Unity sentiments... sweet card. Can't wait to see the rest of your week

Debbie Farrell said...

Such a lovely card. Looking forward to spending the week with you!

stamping sue said...

Simply splendid card.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Salnclts said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors!

Kathy H said...

Very sweet card!

Wilma DeG said...

Beautiful card! I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

Becca Yahrling said...

I just love how this came out - so pretty with the soft coloring mixed with all the pretty elements.

Rachel Duong said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the image and the soft pink color paired with the iridescent embellishments. The sentiment is perfect too!

Sonia said...

Hi Myra

Beautiful creation. I miss my coloring days making cards.💖

IG: rg_sony_crafts_plants_more

Cat Valdez said...

Looking forward to your week. Lovely card!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Lovely watercoloring! Have a great week!

Robin said...

So elegant in it's simplicity. Nice catd!

Robin said...

card! Elegant invites simplicity. Nice card!

Kathy Dippner said...

Lovely card! I'm looking forward to seeing your projects this week.

2suns said...

This card is so beautiful. - Pam Foy

Diane Angell said...

Beautiful card I love the embellishments and the sentiment. Thanks for sharing

Linda said...

Pretty card!

Linda said...

Love this! My style as well!

Amy said...

Lovely card with a perfect sentiment.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful floral image!

Deborah K said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on being the GIU girl of the week!

Jan Vint said...

Love the theme, the image, colors and your attention too those details that matter so much. Awesome!

Ohdolphinlady said...

Thank you for inspiring with beautiful card and says. After all I have been through since last year I definitely needed to see that saying.