Wednesday, March 23, 2022

2022 GROWING IN UNITY - POST #3 - It's Ok Not to Be OK

HELLO THERE!

It's already the middle of the week...  Time goes fast.
This is the third day of my Growing in Unity week.  Remember to visit POST #1 to check on the rules for the opportunity to win.

This week's about sharing imperfect projects and our passion for crafting and creating...  and I specially have dedicated my week to share messages of comfort and confidence because we need to remind ourselves how great life is, full of ups and downs.

I made this card and believe me... it is one of my faves because when I first saw this kit I felt it was talking to me.   It is called Quiet that Voice.  Sometimes one wants to be in control of everything -not in a bad way of controlling all around - but in a way that we need to be aware of all, help all, know what's happening, help again, be on time, be ahead, complete all tasks, be a good person, be happy...smile.  But you know what?  We are humans.  And the message is clear... It's ok not to be ok.

I stamped this image and I have to confess that started to color it several times, but the image is so strong (it's me in front of my computer sometimes... without the straight hair...LOL!)...  so I decided to leave it colorless.  The brightness and beauty of the background is our strength and beauty..  I first used a stencil from Prima Marketing and applied medium acrylic, dried, then I used some mica powder from UnlimitArt, and color sprays from Prima... all in a pink cardstock.
I fussy cut the image and placed with the sentiment. All framed in black.

Hope you like it... and remember to leave your comment.


 

16 comments:

Linda said...

I especially like the background!

Debbie Farrell said...

Another stunning background. I love the card and sentiment.

Linda said...

I so love that background! And the whole card certainly conveys the sentiment!

Amy said...

I love that you left her stamped only. Makes a great statement. This is a kit I had missed, so inspired to add it to my shopping list. Nicely done!

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautifully made. Beautifully said. Love it!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Beautiful card and sentiment!

Kathy Dippner said...

Beautiful card! Great background.

2suns said...

Very pretty! Love the shimmery background. This is a great stamp with sentiment. Thanks for sharing. -Pam Foy

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty background for your image! Great card!

Deborah K said...

Great card. And such a perfect sentiment.

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Simple yet gorgeous! We all need this reminder lately! ❤

Sonia said...

Hi Myra
Awesome creation
IG:rg_sony_crafts_plants_more

Kathy H said...

Great card!

Jan Vint said...

She is gorgeous, and I love the way you've described the meaning of the background. Another great card to let a woman know she doesn't need to be perfect.

Ohdolphinlady said...

Yes, it's a great saying especially for me right now since July last year. Love the black and white girl and saying. Thank you for inspiring.

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

Perfect card for these past 2 years!