Friday, March 25, 2022

2022 GROWING IN UNITY WEEK - POST #5 - You Are Wonderful in Every Way

This is it...


This is post #5 of my Growing in Unity week.
It's been fun and worthy.  Thank you Unity Stamp Co for this great opportunity.

Remember to leave comments in all the 5 posts I've been sharing this week... this is your last one.  Unity Stamp Co will provide two prizes for two lucky winners.  And if you leave your comments also in my Facebook and Instagram pages... you will add chances to win.  

My fifth project is another card and the message is simple:   You are Wonderful in every way.  And this is true because we are wonderful just the way we are.  We don't have to be certain way to be wonderful already.  We are all different, and we all are great.

For the background of this card, I used Unity Stamp Co patterned paper from Magnolia Dreams collection.    The stamps are from an Itty Bitty called Wonderful Girl.  I used other elements besides the fussy cut image, such as a charm, a piece of burlap, sequins, and the sentiment.   I colored the image with alcohol ink markers.

 

And I made a  bonus 6th. project. :). It's another card with another powerful message and images from a kit call Little Rebellion.  Sometimes we ignore our callings.  We think the things we are passionate about are just random or just because we are like this or like that, or because of the circle of family and friends... but they might be our calling.  Look closer and evaluate those things that make you happy and make you feel yourself...

For the card I stamped the image first and colored  with watercolor pencils, then stamped in a separate paper and fussy cut to make a mask and cover the image.  I then used scribble sticks from Ranger to color the background with I then activated with water.  I used a stencil from Prima Marketing with some distress ink from Ranger to accentuate the background.  Also stamped the sentiment and other image.  Notice I messed up this image when I glued all to the card base, but since these scribble sticks are so fabulous I could later defined some lines and add water when needed to repair a bit the mess I made.  But you know... I like imperfection so this don't bother me anyway... LOL!  I added some sequins and this is a wrap!!! 

We have just finished a great week and I will enjoy your comments here in the blog, Facebook and Instagram.  Stay "in tune" for the winners announcement within the next week.

Thanks again.   Don't forget to be imperfect.

15 comments:

Debbie Farrell said...

I love these cards. Colors are beautiful. Love all your cards this week. Thanks for sharing!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

So much detail and cool elements! Awesome!

Sonia said...

Hi Myra
Amazing creation
IG: rg_sony_crafts_plants_more

Denise Bryant said...

Both cards are so pretty! Love the images and color combos!
Thanks for a fun GIU week!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

These are beautiful and encouraging cards Myra! Thanks for sharing so many wonderful ideas with us this week!

Becca Yahrling said...

Both cards are simply beautiful! I love all the dimension on the first card with all the pretty elements you used. Your coloring is wonderful. I love the 2nd card, too, with the awesome background. Doesn't look messed up tome! Thanks for a lovely week of inspiration.

Kathy Dippner said...

Wonderful cards! I love the bright colors on both. Thank you for sharing your creativity this week.

2suns said...

These are both beautiful! I love your cards that you’ve shared this week and the message that we are all unique! I hope you have a great weekend! -Pam Foy

Linda said...

So have loved your week of projects! Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Absolutely darling cards! Love your bonus card’s background shades.

Kathy H said...

Beautiful and lovely colors!

Jan Vint said...

Thanks for a beautiful week of inspiration. Today's cards are as beautiful as all of the others this week, but I especially love the extra card today, and the rainbow of color behind her that reminds me that the many talents we bring together can light up our world if we believe in ourselves and lift each other up to shine. <3

Rachel Duong said...

I love the embellishments on this card so much. It all goes together so well and the coloring of the girl is awesome. I love the gold top with the fuschia background. The bonus card is gorgeous too. Thank you for the great week and love your message to remind us to be imperfect!

Ohdolphinlady said...

Love your card and how using Unity itty bitty. I love how even a small stamp set makes a big impact. Thank you for inspiring.

Maia Ink by Anya Lynet said...

The colors, the burlap, the layout, perfect way to end you GIU week!